How do you think the new Ban Big Money bills stack up against the gold standard? Here are our assessments: Find out more about what the gold standard for Ban Big Money looks like.
Dogwood launched our Ban Big Money campaign in April 2016. Since then, we have been demanding changes in campaign finance laws and holding B.C.’s governing parties to account. We were instrumental in helping campaign finance become a key election issue and we are pleased to have played a significant part in the effort to get […]
Summer of 2017 brings climate debts home to roost “To discuss the cause and effect of these storms, there’s the… place (and time) to do that, it’s not now.” – Scott Pruitt, Director EPA “The ice age is coming, the sun is zooming in, meltdown expected, the wheat is growin’ thin engines stop running, but […]
The Texas pipeline giant still doesn’t have authorization for their pipeline and tanker project — from any level of government As Labour Day rolls around, young people across B.C. prepare for back-to-school season. But for students at Simon Fraser University, their journeys up Burnaby Mountain will be darkened by a new threat this September: Kinder […]
Corporate donors cover all political bases when it comes to getting what they want Political campaigns approach elections believing that 20 per cent of voters will not change their mind about which party they are going to support. But the rest — the 80 per cent of people who will spend time listening to the […]
Climate chaos, civil strife: a guide to surviving the years ahead Disclaimer: this post contains profanity and themes that may be upsetting to some readers. I’ve spent the last couple weeks at my family’s fixer-upper farmstead in northern B.C. In retrospect, it was probably the wrong time and place to re-read Cormac McCarthy’s post-apocalyptic […]
Our recent past could illuminate the path to a better future I left the office early last Friday and drove up island. My calendar said it was too early for the main runs, but not long ago I traded in my single handed fishing rod for the more traditional two hander that river fishers chasing […]
Why did the BC Liberals prioritize a project that could harm local communities, the Fraser River and farmland? On the 601 bus to my hometown of Tsawwassen, I watch as bulldozers uproot the evergreens adjacent to the farmland along Highway 99, making way for a costly ten lane bridge built in the interests of industry. […]