Start by saying your name and that you are a constituent in their riding. Here are some suggested talking points:
- Oil markets are in an unprecedented downturn since COVID-19. More than 100 Canadian economists have called on the government to stop putting taxpayers’ money at risk and pause spending on the project in light of COVID-19.
- Building Trans Mountain will make it impossible for Canada to meet its climate targets. Filling the pipeline would create 71,100,000 metric tons of carbon emissions per year.
- The project does not have the consent of several Indigenous communities whose territories it threatens.
- Construction is in the early stages, and billions of our tax dollars could still be saved if we act now.
- During the debates over the throne speech, please advocate to rethink Trans Mountain, and invest in clean energy instead.
Thank you for speaking up!