Job Posting ~ Major Giving Officer
Date posted: January 25, 2017
Closing date: February 24, 2017
Salary: $50,000-$60,000 depending on experience, plus benefits
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Desired Start Date: April 1, 2017
Location: Vancouver or Victoria
Wherever you go in the world, private interests are taking over public resources, including air, land and water. In British Columbia, Dogwood is pioneering a model to put control back in the hands of the public by bringing together citizens in solidarity with First Nations to reclaim decision-making power.
The Dogwood model combines large-scale citizen engagement and recognition of Indigenous land rights with non-partisan political organizing, all of which is underscored by a commitment to continual improvement through testing and analytics.
We currently have an opportunity for a talented Major Giving Officer to join our team. Adhering to national standards of ethical fundraising, you are an exemplary story teller who will work collaboratively to identify major gifts, foundations, corporate partnerships and planned giving opportunities; develop and manage an assigned portfolio; and raise significant revenue in support of Dogwood’s campaigns. You will help donors plan gifts to Dogwood and steward relationships to secure future gifts.
- Identify major gift fundraising and foundation opportunities for Dogwood’s hard-hitting campaigns
- Develop an annual major gifts plan and regularly report on progress towards annual goals
- Develop relationships with potential foundations and donors to Dogwood and continue building on existing relationships with donors
- Conduct research and prepare proposals and case for support materials
- Facilitate and lead the solicitation of major gifts, sponsorships and planned gifts to Dogwood
- A Bachelor’s degree, and at least three years of Major Gift fundraising experience. An equivalent combination of training, education and/or experience may be considered.
- Experience liaising with representatives from small and large foundations
- Work and communicate effectively orally and in writing, with tact and diplomacy, with a variety of internal and external contacts
- An understanding and knowledge of the issues and priorities of Dogwood’s campaigns and a sound grasp of current events.
- Exemplary story telling skills
- Excellent analytical skills & ability to utilize fund raising databases
- CFRE designation or equivalent will be an asset
- Preference will be given to work experience gained in advocacy or environmental backgrounds
Dogwood offers a flexible and rewarding work environment, including four weeks paid vacation in your first year. As a fundraiser, some evening and weekend work will be required.
If you’re interested in this position and meet the requirements, please e-mail a cover letter and your resume by February 24th to Alisha Brown, Director of HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews may happen on a rolling basis, so please get your application in as soon as possible. When submitting your application please name and save your attachments with your first and last name in the title, such as: “Ann_Smith_Cover_Letter.pdf” and “Ann_Smith_Resume.pdf.”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No phone calls please.
Dogwood is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, political belief, age, gender, sexual orientation or class. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the Canada.