Job Posting ~ Digital Systems & Data Strategist
Date posted: February 6th, 2017
Closing date: February 27th, 2017
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Start Date: April 1, 2017
Location: Victoria, BC
Wherever you go in the world, private interests are taking over public resources, including air, land and water. In British Columbia, Dogwood is pioneering a model to put control back in the hands of the public by bringing together citizens in solidarity with First Nations to reclaim decision-making power.
The Dogwood model combines large-scale citizen engagement and recognition of Indigenous land rights with non-partisan political organizing, underscored by a commitment to continual improvement through sophisticated testing and analytics.
We currently have an opportunity for a tech savvy smarty-pants to oversee and implement aspects of Dogwood’s digital and data infrastructure, inform digital and data strategy and champion our testing and analytics program. As a member of the digital team, this role provides support to our field, and communications teams in identifying, implementing, and adopting our digital tools.
- Lead the product management and strategy development for our WordPress website including the regular monthly development cycle with our web development firm.
- Investigate and implement new digital technologies such as outreach tools and data analysis.
- Support organization efforts to implement data-driven decision-making and team / area-specific experiments to advance org priorities.
- Monitor and respond to digital needs/challenges of campaigns and organizers.
- Participate in regular face-to-face check-ins or conference calls with the digital team.
- Perform data clean-up and analysis to support strategic priorities
- Work closely with the digital team to achieve annual plan objectives
- Experience with and an understanding of technology and its application to advocacy and citizen engagement campaigns
- Very strong technical skills and aptitudes are essential, including but not limited to experience:
- Configuring, developing or administering Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases. Development experience with Salesforce.com, civiCRM, MS Access, NationBuilder, MySQL or similar a considerable asset.
- Processing and analysis of data: Comfortable in Excel, ideally with experience with Python or similar (Django, etc). Familiarity with R or other statistical analysis an asset.
- Strong ability to convey technical information to non-technical staff and volunteers using good listening skills and a demonstrated ability to translate in the other direction.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills.
- Passion for environmental protection, civic engagement, and social change.
- Self-directed, organized, and detail-oriented with an eye toward high quality, on time work.
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities strategically, and proceed with objectives without supervision, yet participate effectively as part of a team.
- Previous experience in political, environmental, social justice and/or human rights campaign work is an asset.
- Experience in creative thinking/problem solving and strategic planning.
Dogwood offers a flexible and rewarding work environment, including four weeks paid vacation in your first year. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
If you’re interested in this position and meet the requirements, please e-mail a cover letter and your resume to Alisha Brown, Director of HR at email@example.com by February 27th.
Interviews may happen on a rolling basis, so please get your application in as soon as possible. When submitting your application please name and save your attachments with your first and last name in the title, i.e.: “Ann_Smith_Cover_Letter.pdf” and “Ann_Smith_Resume.pdf.”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No phone calls please.
Dogwood is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, political belief, age, gender, sexual orientation or class. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the Canada.