Dogwood – Development and Digital Coordinator
Date posted: March 13, 2020
Closing date: March 27, 2020
Compensation: $45,000-$50,000/year, plus benefits
Job type: Full-time
Start Date: March 30, 2020
Dogwood is a people-powered organization driven by a shared love of B.C. We believe in a more just, equitable and sustainable province. But to get there, we know British Columbians have to organize to take back power from political insiders and global corporations.
We’re probably best known for our No Tankers campaign. Since 2007, Dogwood and our allies have prevented a massive expansion of carbon pollution and oil tanker traffic on the West Coast. Our supporters are definitely concerned about climate change and oil spills. But we don’t just work to protect the environment.
What we’re really looking for are tipping points: moments when enough citizen pressure can rewrite a law, reverse a bad decision or convince a politician to take a stronger position. That’s when we channel large-scale citizen action — both offline and online — to lock in change for the long term.
About the role:
We currently have an opening for a Development and Digital Coordinator on the Dogwood Operations Team. This role will implement aspects of Dogwood’s digital and data infrastructure, inform digital and data strategy and provide critical support to Dogwood’s fundraising program. The person in this position would report to the Head of Revenue, and work closely with the Operations Director, Communications Manager and the Bookkeeping team.
As part of our team in this position, you would:
- Support our fundraising, field, and communications teams in using digital tools and lead the management and analysis of data.
- Manage the processing of individual donations.
- Manage data for Dogwood’s direct mail and tele-fundraising programs.
- Contribute to a more sustainable future by resisting carbon exports and reforming democracy.
- Participate in the development of Dogwood’s ongoing strategy.
- Work towards Reconciliation by promoting Indigenous Rights and Title.
To be considered for this position, you need to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and affinity for, Dogwood’s campaigns, core values and commitments to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrate an ability to work on a team to solve complex digital challenges in ways that meet a variety of needs and aptitudes.
- Demonstrate experience with work that requires attention to detail and discretion in handling sensitive financial and personal data.
- Demonstrate skilled and tactful communications with clients or customers.
- Have experience working with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases.
Other personal strengths, knowledge, experience, training or aptitudes in these areas would be considered strong assets in this role and we encourage applicants to highlight these in their applications:
- Working with Salesforce and/or Nationbuilder
- Working or volunteering with an advocacy organization or any political party
- Working with digital tools and IT
- Processing financial, personal or other sensitive information
Dogwood offers a flexible and rewarding work environment, including four weeks paid vacation in your first year, and health, dental and paramedical benefits.
The deadline to apply for this position is March 27, 2020. If you’re interested in this position and meet the requirements, please email a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com, as interviews will be happening on a rolling basis.
When submitting your application please name and save your attachments with your first and last name in the title, i.e.: “Xian_Li_Cover_Letter.pdf” and “Xian_Li_Resume.pdf.” Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No phone calls please.
Dogwood is committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants to apply including members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons and people of all gender identities and abilities. Dogwood strives not to discriminate based on race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, political belief, age, gender, sexual orientation or class. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.